Accelerate your job search with CoverDoc

Job seekers spend a lot of time writing original, personalized cover letters for each job. Job seekers will simply skip job applications that require a cover letter.

Non-technical job seekers may not have easy access to AI tools such as ChatGPT. This leads to inefficiency when applying to many jobs and longer time unemployed.

Using Softr, Airtable and Zapier, I built a simple way to create a first draft cover letter that factors in your work experience, company info and your preferred writing style.

The job seeker provides basic info about the job and the tool leverages OpenAI to create a Google Doc sent to the job seeker within minutes.

Each generated cover letter includes an Originality score to inform how much effort you should put into revising the cover letter draft so the document stands out from the crowd.

Who it’s for: Job seekers who need to write a customized cover letter but struggle with getting started or aren’t fluent in English.

Short demo: AI-powered Cover Letter Generator | How it Works | CoverDoc.ai - YouTube

Any feedback is welcome!

1 Like

That sounds like a handy tool to speed up the job application process!

Thanks for the feedback Dayton. The product is expanding into interview prep and offer negotiation. It’s been fun to build it with Softr.

That’s so cool you built this powerful SaaS tool in Softr! If I may ask, how were you able to implement “credits” and “block” the user from creating more cover docs after they consume all their credits?

1 Like

Thanks @ajiang ! I use Airtable automations to manage credit usage. After each use, I deduct from the credit balance stored in the user’s registration record.

I see. Well I think it’s a great SaaS product! Keep up the great work!