Ability to add additional fields to the user registration form

I would like to be able to add extra fields to the user registration form and have them sync with the connected user table. Examples: city, state, bio, avatar, photo, etc…

Also would be nice for the user to be able to edit that information from the User Profile block.

Thanks!

1 Like

You could build the form in airtable, and embed it in a page in softr. Be sure to extend the height to include the whole form or you’ll be scrolling in an iframe window.

`

<iframe class="airtable-embed" src="https://YOUR SOURCE HERE backgroundColor=green" frameborder="0" onmousewheel="" width="100%" height="1450" style="background: transparent; border: 1px solid #ccc;"></iframe>

`

1 Like

Thanks Tim. I wonder how integrated this looks? Will this complement Softr’s interface?
I need conditional form fields, that Softr hasn’t integrated yet, which will require a lot of formulas in Airtable. I’m not sure if I should plan on embedding forms for Softr if they don’t appear native or look sketchy to external users.

Here’s a link to just my form page so you can see it.

https://cor-pwstreet.preview.softr.app/call-log-entry-form?t=1631107593839

Hi Tim, and thanks for the info. Actually what I’m looking for is the ability to extend the capabilities of the native user Sign Up block within Softr. I would like additional, and mandatory fields in that block so that I can use the native user registration capabilities.

Thanks for the link to your form Tim. It’s nice and neat.

I forgot to mention that I’ll also need hidden fields on the form to collect data (record ids, other parameters, etc.) from a softr list details item, about that item. I’m not sure how I would do that if I embed an airtable form instead on a list details page. The info I’m collecting on the form needs to come from a particular record the list details block and the associated item on a list block, are referencing. Essentially, this needs to occur for many items (i.e. in Airtable they are records in an “Items” table ).

Sorry if I made that confusing. I think it would be a lot simpler if Softr could integrate conditional form fields which Airtable has already. Unless there’s a way an embedded Airtable form on a list details page references the same associated Softr listing details record automatically?

Hey Ben, thanks for the feedback on the form. I don’t know if this will help you or not, but I was watching some videos last nigt, and found this one about building custom forms. I haven’t gotten into it yet, so I don’t have an opinion on how it works.

Thanks Tim. Yes, I saw this video last week. Garath gives a nice example of how to use hidden fields in this one. Hopefully, he’ll post one about Softr’s conditional form fields new feature soon;)