2FA for my own softr account

Hi

I am looking to secure my own softr account (not that of my users in my softr site) by activating double authentication, I do not see this parameter on my softr account especially in the security section, any idea to resolve ? Not sure it’s a feature request, maybe a problem located between the screen and the keyboard :sweat_smile:

Thanks

The native Softr username/password method of authentication does not support 2FA. However, if you set up the “Google Sign In” integration, then Google accounts with 2FA enabled will authenticate to Softr with 2FA.

1 Like

Hello,

Thanks for your help @dcoletta :slight_smile:

Dear @lea, just to let you know, we consider having it in the future.

1 Like

Ok thanks, fundamental in my opinion for any high-stakes website as softr.io

2 Likes

I quite agree @lea. One of the big drawbacks with the Google Sign In workaround is that there’s no way to require those accounts to use 2FA. So for a site where all users employing 2FA is a requirement, there’s no solution.

@dcoletta But we agree that we are talking here about our own softr account? the one that gives me access to the studio? this is the one i want to secure

Aha! I totally misunderstood what you were talking about, even though I see now that you made it very clear in your original post. Sorry about that - I need to read more closely. :-/

Unfortunately I think we are stuck waiting for Softr to address this.

I’ll just add that I hope that when Softr adds 2FA to the studio login, there’s an option to disable SMS as a 2FA method. Because SMS as a second factor is not secure, adding 2FA without the ability to disable SMS is not very helpful.

Hi team,

Have we already updated the sign in for 2FA for Softr?

Thanks