Softr Date to be Enhanced

Hi Team,

Is there a way to make the date here more user friendly? What our stakeholders are currently raising is that for the date, they need to scroll to the specific month and year instead of inputting it? Can this be enhanced on your end?

Thanks

1 Like

I would also love to request this feature to be able to either (1) manually type the type or (2) select in a calendar or (3) have a dropdown for year/s to select from

Hi Softr Team,

I just want to ask for an update on my inquiry if it is doable on your end?

Thanks

Hi @Francoco_loco23 @rebeccajane,

Thank you for reaching out and for your feature request. I will make sure to include it in our backlog.

Unfortunately, at the moment, users are required to navigate all the way back to the desired date when selecting a past date. There is no option for a shortcut to specific months or years. I understand that this may not be the best user experience, when multiple clicks are needed to reach the desired date. However, this is currently the only functionality available for date fields.

Please let me know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Hi @sveta.ohanyan,

Is there a timeline on this? Our clients are raising to us that they are having a hard time navigating the date.

Thanks

1 Like

Good day @sveta.ohanyan,

If in any case the timeline for this is to be determined, is there any alternative date function that we could use for now?

Thanks

Good day @sveta.ohanyan

If in any case the timeline for this is to be determined, is there any alternative date function that we could use for now?

Thank you

Good day Softr team,

Thank you

Hi @Francoco_loco23. We are going to release the updated version of the block by the end of Q1 this year. The updates version of the blocks will provide more flexibility with Date fields too and you’ll be able to select the desired date easily without clicking back to the specific year or month.

Hi @sveta.ohanyan that’s great to hear it’s in the pipeline. Thank you for the update!

Good day Softr team,

Thank you

Good day Softr team,

Thank you