How to pass logged-in user data to embedded typeform

Amazing, exactly what i was looking for! 2 questions if you can help me: Is it possible to grab the logged in user record id? How can i mix this script with this one;
button data-tf-popup=“yK2uX6ST” data-tf-hidden=“email=xxxxx,name=xxxxx” style=“all:unset;font-family:Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;display:inline-block;max-width:100%;white-space:nowrap;overflow:hidden;text-overflow:ellipsis;background-color:#5CD6C8;color:#000000;font-size:16px;border-radius:4px;padding:0 26px;font-weight:bold;height:40px;cursor:pointer;line-height:40px;text-align:center;margin:0;text-decoration:none;”>Launch me
Thanks in advance for any help

Just added the recordId too

1 Like

Hello! I’m trying to set this up and the user email is not being passed in…I tried it as it says above with just ‘email=’ as well as ‘&email=’, but it’s not getting passed in. When I go to my users just to confirm the email is there (which it must be since I’m logged in??) I don’t see the user email in the users dashboard.

Sorry, I got it figured out - I had a typo in my Typeform hidden field name!!

Does the same exist for the Typeform side tab embed?

Hey @Artur,

I refactored a much clearer version of this code, that may be helpful to others as well. (This reflects Typeform’s apparent change in their embed widget.)

<script>
if(window['logged_in_user'] && window['logged_in_user']['softr_user_email']) {
nameData = 'name=' + window['logged_in_user']['Name']; 
jobData = 'job=' + window['logged_in_user']['Job'];
hiddenFields = nameData + `,` + jobData;

document.writeln(`<div data-tf-widget="x2x2x2x2x" data-tf-iframe-props="title=Typeform Title" data-tf-hidden="`+ hiddenFields +`" style="width:100%;height:650px;"></div>
`);

}
</script>
<script src="//embed.typeform.com/next/embed.js"></script>

@bridgebuilder sorry for the delay here. If you need immediate help support chat works faster :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @Ezra for your help!

1 Like

Hi all, I’m wondering if anyone has had success passing in a URL parameter. I’ve tried a few different formats and nothing is working properly.

Can anyone share an example or the correct formatting to pass in a URL parameter to the embedded typeform?

Thanks!

For anyone else interested, I was able to solve it with the following:

if(window[‘logged_in_user’] && window[‘logged_in_user’][‘softr_user_email’]) {
typeformUrl = typeformUrl + ‘&name=’ + window[‘logged_in_user’][‘softr_user_full_name’];
typeformUrl = typeformUrl + ‘&email=’ + window[‘logged_in_user’][‘softr_user_email’];
}

// Parse the URL parameter
function getParameterByName(name, url) {
    if (!url) url = window.location.href;
    name = name.replace(/[\[\]]/g, "\\$&");
    var regex = new RegExp("[?&]" + name + "(=([^&#]*)|&|#|$)"),
        results = regex.exec(url);
    if (!results) return null;
    if (!results[2]) return '';
    return decodeURIComponent(results[2].replace(/\+/g, " "));
}
// Give the parameter a variable name
var dynamicContent = getParameterByName('recordId');

typeformUrl = typeformUrl + ‘&bridgeid=’+ dynamicContent;

1 Like

Hey,

Thanks for posting this here :slight_smile:

Hi @Ezra , I’m not a great coder – where do you put the typeform link? also, what is a ‘Job’, or is that specific to your app? Does artur’s original code no longer work?

Hi Blaine,

“Job” was part of my form.

And data-tf-widget=“x2x2x2x2x” is where you put the specific code for the Typeform.
If I remember correctly, it didn’t work for me, or I wasn’t able to customize it as I wanted.

Good luck!
Ezra

1 Like

Didn’t work for me either! If anyone figures this out, please let us know :slight_smile:

Picking up that thread as I am trying to embed a button in a list detail. It works like a charm with the typeform code

<button data-tf-popup="XGgC6uFN" data-tf-size="100" data-tf-hidden="email=" style="all:unset;font-family:Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;display:inline-block;max-width:100%;white-space:nowrap;overflow:hidden;text-overflow:ellipsis;background-color:#0445AF;color:#FFFFFF;font-size:20px;border-radius:25px;padding:0 33px;font-weight:bold;height:50px;cursor:pointer;line-height:50px;text-align:center;margin:0;text-decoration:none;">Try me!</button><script src="//embed.typeform.com/next/embed.js"></script>

However, when I am trying to get this to pick up a logged-in user email, it does not work, with the page only showing the below, where the link is not even clickable.
Screenshot 2022-10-19 at 15.36.23

The code I have been using is

<script>
emailData = 'email=' + window['logged_in_user']['softr_user_email'];

document.writeln(`<button data-tf-popup="XGgC6uFN" data-tf-size="100" data-tf-hidden="`+ emailData +`" style="all:unset;font-family:Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;display:inline-block;max-width:100%;white-space:nowrap;overflow:hidden;text-overflow:ellipsis;background-color:#0445AF;color:#FFFFFF;font-size:20px;border-radius:25px;padding:0 33px;font-weight:bold;height:50px;cursor:pointer;line-height:50px;text-align:center;margin:0;text-decoration:none;">Try me!</button>
`);

}
</script><script src="//embed.typeform.com/next/embed.js"></script>

Where am I wrong? @artur once this is resolved, i swear I am taking your Business subscription :joy:

Edit: this code is fed from my airtable to a list detail

Should it open a new page, embed or popup ?

It should open an embed popup

Thanks to @artur incommensurable help, here’s the code that works

<!-- Add those to the page settings -> custom code -> header area -->
<script src="https://embed.typeform.com/next/embed.js"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://embed.typeform.com/next/css/popup.css" />

<button id="XXXTYPEFORM_IDXXX" style="all:unset;font-family:Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;display:inline-block;max-width:100%;white-space:nowrap;overflow:hidden;text-overflow:ellipsis;background-color:#0445AF;color:#FFFFFF;font-size:20px;border-radius:25px;padding:0 33px;font-weight:bold;height:50px;cursor:pointer;line-height:50px;text-align:center;margin:0;text-decoration:none;">Schedule!</button>
<script>
    (function() {
        let typeformId = 'XXXTYPEFORM_IDXXX';
        let emailData = '';
            emailData = window['logged_in_user']['softr_user_email'];
        }

const intervalId = setInterval(() => {
            if(window.tf == undefined || !window.tf.createPopup) {
                return;
            }
            clearInterval(intervalId);
            document.querySelector('#' + typeformId).onclick = function() { 
                window.tf.createPopup(typeformId, {hidden: { email: emailData }}).open();
            }
        }, 100);
    })();
</script>
2 Likes

Thanks for sharing this, very helpful…yet it didn´t work for me as posted.

I needed to put the embed.typeform script right into the custom code block, it didn´t work if placed in the page header.

Furthermore I reformatted the button slightly - maybe this is helpful for some of you as well.

Here is the code which works for us now:

<button id="XXXXX"  style="all:unset;font-family:IBM Plex,sans-serif;display:grid;max-width:100%;white-space:nowrap;overflow:hidden;text-overflow:ellipsis;background-color:#2E7EF9;color:#FFFFFF;font-size:16px;border-radius:9px;padding-left: 100px; padding:0 26px;font-weight:bold;height:40px;cursor:pointer;line-height:40px;text-align:center;margin:auto; text-decoration:none;">UPDATE MY PREFERENCES</button>
<script src="https://embed.typeform.com/next/embed.js"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://embed.typeform.com/next/css/popup.css" />
<script>
    (function() {
        let typeformId = 'XXXXX';
        let recordid_data = '';
        let name_data = '';
        if(window['logged_in_user'] && window['logged_in_user']['airtable_record_id']) {
            recordid_data = window['logged_in_user']['airtable_record_id'];
            name_data = window['logged_in_user']['First Name'];
        }

const intervalId = setInterval(() => {
            if(window.tf == undefined || !window.tf.createPopup) {
                return;
            }
            clearInterval(intervalId);
            document.querySelector('#' + typeformId).onclick = function() { 
                window.tf.createPopup(typeformId, {hidden: { recordid: recordid_data, name: name_data }}).open();
            }
        }, 100);
    })();
</script>
1 Like

Thanks @alexs,

This will be helpful, indeed :star_struck: