Concatenate fields

Hello,

Is it possible to concatenate fields from AirTable on the fly to display in a table or list?

Steve

@SynopsisLabs to set your concatenation in Airtable use formula as type of column:

CONCATENATE ({Field A}, " - " , {Field B})

Where “-” is just a separator.
Altogether, will be available in your Softr list, for instance “FieldA - FieldB”

1 Like

Understood that I can do it in AirTable, but this means that I have to create all of those fields beforehand. What I really want to know is if I can I do it in SoftR on the fly?

You can’t do any formulas as concatenate, because Softr is not a database manager, it is just a front end to work with your data stored in external services like Airtable, Google Sheet, etc.

I understand that but it is entirely possible that a front end can pull fields from a database and run functions (concatenate , sum, average, etc.) on the data, so this should not discount Softr from the functionality.

@SynopsisLabs on Softr we are not yet doing it. For now it will need to be done on datasource level in Airtable or Google sheet

Ok, thanks but just want some further clarification.

If I have a base with a log of customers and how much they spent in a month (customers purchases will be repeated in that time period) and I want to be able to select a customer and show what their total was any time period in that month, how would I go about doing that?

You could take a look here to see how a column total can be calculated. Then experiment with setting Softr filters to manage your data for the time periods you have mentioned.

I want to be able to select a customer and show what their total was any time period in that month

If it is only you needing to view this data, it is very easy to do this is Airtable natively.