Buttons in List & List Details Action to change/update airtable field to predefined value

I might be wrong, but I’m guessing ‘Actions’ on the new price list are going to be said buttons?

Hey @SdogEinnarg,

Yes, these are the Action buttons. :slight_smile:

@Suzie @artur Are there any updates on this (update record field upon button click)?

Ideally, I would like to redirect the user to another page AND update the record in the background. Would you have any suggestions on how to solve that?

Hey @Marielle,

Regarding the Action buttons options they will come with some delay though. We are doing the last touches before the release.

As of the use case, can I please ask you to give more details? Which record do you want to upgrade?

I have a record I am asking someone external to update. When they’re done editing the record, I would like them to click on a button that says something like “I’m done updating”. Clicking would redirect them to another page (away from the list details page) but in the backend I would like to mark the record as updated by external person.

Hi @Marielle
Here is what I would personally do:

1. I would create a Form block on the page with the list details page. I would only keep the button on the Form (e.g. I’m not editing) and I would add a hidden field with the URL recordID value to the Form.
  2. I would create a linked record on the The Airtable table to which the Form data should get submitted. The linked record field should be linked to the same table as the List details that should be edited is mapped to.
  3. Once the Form gets submitted an automated linked record would appear on the list details table that will indicate that the “I’m done editing” button was clicked.
  4. Then, on the Airtable table with list items I would add a new formula field with IF formula with the following logic: If linked record from the Form Table is not empty, show text “updated by external person”
    As a result you can change the status of the item once it’s edited.

Let me know if you have other questions I can help you with.

1 Like

why isn’t this feature release yet? it’s been 3 years now.

1 Like

Also waiting for this feature…